Monday 1 February 2016

The Weekend (Sunday)

Read The Weekend (Saturday) here.

Sunday...
After a much satisfactory day, compared to what I imagined, time was to move on to next day. I woke up early in the morning, such was the anticipation. Even more than yesterday, and why shouldn't it be, I was going to do it again. After this much time, after this long wait, I was going to ask her again. I took out the card that I got prepared for her. I was yet to fill it up with words. But, what words could have described the feelings in best way possible, probably at that moment, answer was "none". I stood up to mirror, trying to rehearse what I was going to say to her, but I fumbled, or maybe I was emotionless, a null face with some jumbling words. "Huh, am I going to scare her or what, Buck up yourself man!!" I told myself. I got up and freshened up, thinking for words to speak to her all this while.
I called my best friend, " Gosh!!! Why the hell is she not receiving the call at the most important time. Okay, call someone else, yeah here it is". After almost a discussion of 10-15 minutes, there I was, again unsure of what to write. 2 years ago, she had told me once that, in conditions, where I am too tense, I should listen to myself because that is the best thing to do, yes I am going to do that now. Anyway, she told me that she likes my writing. Bingo!! Perfect time for that. Finally, I wrote it, I filled up the card with best possible words up to my caliber, ending with a question, "May I?".
"Hello!! Where are you, we have movie at 12:30, its already 11:30, come fast or else we'll be late" I told her on phone. "You come to metro, I'll meet you there, I am just ready, I will come soon", she added and put the phone down. I brought two big chocolates, which she always loved, along with the card which I eventually got ready to be presented for the occasion. Whenever girls take time to ready, you need to admit that its always worth it. Yes, it is, she looked stunning beautiful today, but just a regular thing for her. She arrived at 12:30, we went to movie from there, though we missed the starting, but anyway, nothing mattered more than her company. I kept on looking at her during all those love songs that came along, her smile and sparkle in the eyes, oh man!! They can make me fall in love with her all over, at any point of time. After the movie, she took me to McDonalds, thanks to GPS facility in mobile phones. All this time, she kept on talking and talking and clicking pictures. I always loved that, I always loved the way she talked continuously, taking up the charge and the way she used to set the conversations on fire with her so simple approach of talking.
"Let's go to CyberHub, its very good place, kind of corporate place, but I bet you will love the scenery" She told. What else I'd wish. I wanted to spend quality time with her, at some place in solitude. We went there. It was quite cold there, but worth spending time with someone. She clicked some more pics of mine, and some selfies too. Pics with her, ah!! Why I didn’t do it last time, but as I said "time never comes back, stays only the regret".
"Will you have a cup of coffee, good for this cold" She asked me.
"yeah, sure, and we'll term this special show "Coffee with Mr. Awesome", and I'll be your host for the entertainment today", I said, as I saw a glimpse of smile on her face. I purposefully tipped my cup of coffee over my fingers, "oh, it's too hot, can I hold your hands, they would be cold" I said. She smiled but she took my hands in her hands and cupped my fingers with both her hands. This was the thing that I will remember for years. Her touch, her hands being in my hands, we holding the hands together, what a feeling. I was continuously smiling, "finally, I am able to hold your hands in my hands" I said, she smiled, "so do you feel better now?". Then she showed me her previous work place and other places, they were worth watching. I was quite impressed, but there was something more beautiful. Walking along with her in that cold evening with she being so actively involved, that reminded me of our old times, old dreams.
We came back for dinner at Hotel Sarvana Bhawan, as the attendant announced my name, "A table for 2, sir please have a seat there." As we finished up a sophisticated dinner with lots and lots of food sharing (that’s lovely), I offered her the chocolates which I brought for her. I was a little afraid when we discussed her long term opinions on life, but I was happy at same time that she wanted to live freely.
"I can't wait anymore, I have one more gift for you, this card" I said as we were taking a walk post dinner.
"Oh!! We have discussed this multiple times, I'll read the card later, and seriously you still think this will work?" she responded, as she saw what I wrote for her.
**P.S. I love you**. But there was no anger in her words, just a mild denial.
I: "2 years back, at some point of time, you wanted me to take steps, make efforts to get to you, to make you feel that you are important to me, that's what I am trying to do"
She: "But I have prio.."
I interrupted her, "I know, I totally understand your priorities, and I respect them. I want you to concentrate on your career, I don’t want to be a burden to you. I want to support you"
She: "See, what we have now, is so awesome. We are going so good as friends. And, I don’t need someone's support. I am good with my efforts."
I: " I want to walk along with you. I am not asking you to talk to me every day like for hours, give your time to your career. I want a name for our relationship. I want to take a step ahead."
She: "If I am not giving you time, it won't make much sense to commit with you. I will not be happy myself, doing this to you. You are a good person, and I appreciate because you did this."
I: "I understand, you are also right, but just think, I have no issue, and I'll do anything that I need for this to work"
She: "You came this far for this only, had you asked earlier, you might not have needed to take this much pain for me"
I: "I would have missed the moments. I want to make the relationship exist in person, not on Facebook and WhatsApp, this relationship with you means a lot to me."
She did not say anything, but she smiled, she stood beside me all the while, during the ride back to home, in metro. As she was leaving, I told her  "I'll be happy with whatever you decide, because I want you to be happy. What you did for me all this time, I'll be thankful to you always, whatever be the day." She smiled and waved her hands, as we bid bye. I watched her go. I came back to my hotel. She called me asking whether I reached home. There were glimpses of tears late night. But, I was happy. My best friend, she called me, asking what happened, she advised me to move on, but I have decided to stay for her. I'll stay for her, I'll wait for her. Her happiness and her being with the falls and rise of life, is more important for me. I wiped the drops off my face, but I was happy for her.
I slept, anticipating, if she will even come to meet tomorrow, Will she? What way she will respond? I did not know, but I knew, that I am happy for being with a person, so open and practical with thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment